To see the list of the most valuable paintings in private hands please click this link to TheArtWolf 's website...
... Yes, indeed, a lot of cool paintings are already taken.
Personally I faced an even worse situation - I'd like to have Gustav Klimt's beautiful painting "The Kiss" hanging in my bedroom. ... Of course... What else would look good? .... Is there any better motif?
That is a worse situation, because, never mind that I don't have 100 million dollars to spend on art, additionally this piece is owned by the museum Belvedere in Vienna, Austria. While, in theory, there might be some discussion with a private owner, the Belvedere is never going to give it up "The Kiss". In other words, no individual person, not even the world's richest millionaire, will ever own the original painting...
Neither will I.
As one of the foremost experts in "using determination as a tool" I have found a close to perfect solution how to make it happen... how to get Klimt's "the Kiss" hanging on my bedroom walls.
Here are the facts to consider:
- In museums, famous paintings are always displayed in big, wide frames, which can be expensive
- Therefore, first visit a "cheap" furniture store and check out "ugly artwork in big, beautiful frames"
- Buy your favorite frame, never mind how disgusting the "not-artwork" is (pls see an example below).
- You'll be surprised to find out that really nice frames [24"x36"] cost only between $28-$49
- Then, buy a poster of the artwork you like, in the size of the frame [if need be, check on the world wide web]. Costs for the poster will be between $14.99 - $89.99.
- Take a box cutter and carefully open the back of the frame [Most likely you'll find that the "ugly artwork" has been painted straight onto a cardboard panel, which serves as paining + back panel at the same time.]
- Put your poster into the frame.
- Flip the "ugly artwork" around so it does not show through your poster and seal both by using blue painter's tape [this will allow you to "exchange old masters" as needed]
- Enjoy the art on your wall and be happy that you don't have to insure it
For more ways to get what you want with "Naked Determination" please read the award-winning book by the same title.
All it takes is #determination. Gisela Hausmann, life skills expert
If you enjoyed reading this blog please share right below. Thank-you!