To never miss a blog follow via email:

Sunday, September 11, 2016

What authors can learn from car salesmen




"This car could really use a new owner."
"I am in desperate need of a buyer for this car."
"I know that you drive a Honda, so I thought you might like to buy my Honda."

Can you imagine a car sales man saying any of these things? Probably not.


Therefore, avoid phrases like

"My book could really use a more reviews."
"I am in desperate need of reviews for my book."
"I know that you read ...xyz... (book title), so I thought you might like to read my book which is similar. 
 Car salesmen say things like,
 "... 6-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Jacky Ickx described the R8 as "the best handling road car today"
 "... Design characteristics include a fastback profile and a lower-set grille..." 
 "... This vintage car' features include writing tables (for rear seats) and rear seat reading lamps..."
My advice: Be as specific as they are.  

What are your book's best "features?"

~*~


Gisela Hausmann is an Amazon ecommerce expert and US top reviewer. She coaches authors how to get featured in the media and also penned  
NAKED TRUTHS About Getting Book Reviews
NAKED TRUTHS About Getting Product Reviews on Amazon.com: 7 Insider Tips to Boost Sales
https://www.amazon.com/Gisela-Hausmann/e/B000APN192

RYX6ZF8QT9YW

© 2016 by Gisela Hausmann
© Picture credit: Pexels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment